Tuesday, April 22, 2008

TOEFL Practice Essay - Week 1 - Silvester Y11

1. Your government has announced that it wishes to build a military base near your community. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this new influence on your community. Do you support or oppose the military base.

I would personally support the idea that a military base is due to build in my community. The military base would have many advantages for the local community. One reason why I think the military base should be build is because it will provide jobs and revenue to the local residence. Second, we may get a sense of identity that reaches far beyond the community. This are some reasons why I believe the military base must be build in my community.

The military base will provide jobs and increase our community’s revenue. This means that there will be less jobless people and that there will be a higher sense of security in the region. The military base would be available at all times in case of an emergency providing us with the protection we need. This is one reason as to why I support the construction of a military base in my community.

Another reason why I support the construction of a military in my community is because we may get a sense of identity which shall reach far beyond the community. The base may have an important role and achieve an accomplishment which may give us a sense of identity and even a place in history. Many military bases such as the Mexican military base have achieved victories in history. This is another reason why I support the construction of the base.

Finally, the military base shall provide our community with jobs and maybe a place in history. So why should we not give it a try and help our community to achieve a victory on our economic and our vanity?

No comments: