Saturday, April 26, 2008

Pronunciation and Understanding - More Poems

Word pairs

At the Army base, a bass was painted on the head of a bass drum.
They were too close to the door to close it.
It was difficult to coax the coax cable through the conduit.
The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
The buck does funny things when the does are present.
The dove dove into the bushes.
The entrance to a mall fails to entrance me.
I spent last evening evening out a pile of dirt.
How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
The insurance for the invalid was invalid.
He could lead if he would get the lead out.
A cat with nine lives lives next door.
She will mouth obscenities unless you stop her mouth.
After a number of injections, my jaw got number.
I did not object to the object.
We polish the Polish furniture.
There is no time like the present to present the present.
A farm can produce produce.
She was reading a book in Reading.
The dump was so full it had to refuse more refuse.
On the road to the race, the oarsmen rowed about who rowed the best.
There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
I shed a tear when I saw the tear in my clothes.
The unionised gas smothered the unionised workforce.
The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
The bandage was wound around the wound.

No comments: