Sunday, June 1, 2008

Cudos

I received this email from a wonderful reader in Lesotho, Africa. I know many people have accessed our site and what started as a 'class' resource site has ended up being used by over 19000 people world wide! Not bad.


I will be trying to keep the site going next year and indeed refining and expanding it. Unfortunately the school I work in has not renewed our foreign teachers contracts, therefore the students will indeed lose some very valuable resources from a group of experienced, valuable International teachers. But for all those of you who have enjoyed looking at student work, discovered new things then I say thanks and it is the job or a teacher to share, share their experiences and their knowledge. One day uninformed administrations will realize this and realize that a school is most definitely not 'a business' as our director so often points out. Business and money first, 'education' second or third. One day the fringe 'International Schools' will realize that to 'teach' English the teachers must be able to speak and understand English/ Until then thousands of parents the world over will receive third rate, top dollar 'lack of service' because ... after all ... 'School is a business.'

"BW Fath to me show

I have just come across your blog.
What a comprehensive teaching and student resource!

I am just finishing my first year of teaching the IGCSE English program in Lesotho, Africa. I wish I'd found your site earlier. Thanks,
Wendy"

We receive on average 15 letters a week from students and teachers asking for advice contact information. We receive visits from student parents excited to see and compare their child's work with those of others. Our site is a window into a real classroom, a real microcosm of students. What you see here IS the real thing.



The map above shows where our visitors have come from in the last 90 days! We have helped people from ALL over the world! Please keep watching and help us develop this into the TOP English site for parents, students and teachers.